The transponder antenna should be on the bottom of the aircraft, in the
center of a ground plane, the dimensions of which I do not remember.  So,
mounting your ADAHRS, on a shelf that spans the longerons, should work
perfectly because that puts it on the same plane as the flight of the
aircraft.

My Panther Building Documentation at PantherBuilder Web Site

Daniel R. Heath -?Lexington, SC