John Bouyea wrote:

> I have 2000x80 turf and would like to know more about your pattern,
> approach
> and touchdown numbers. Thank you.
> John

As Larry said, I don't normally fly out of Moontown, but M38 instead, which
is 2600'.  I can't verify landing speeds at the low end yet, as I have not
done a four-way GPS calibration that close to stall speed. Landing speed is
likely in the low- to mid- fifties though, considering the weight and wing
area.   "Half the runway" might have been misleading, as I dropped it right
on the end of the runway with a headwind.

 The patterns I do are pretty tight "military" patterns, with a 180 degree
semi-circle on both ends rather than the more standard squared-off  affair
that I was taught.  I just seems smarter to do a gradual turn than to do two
sharp turns at low speed like that...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
website at http://www.N56ML.com