I installed my WW KR mount on my KR2 had had no issues with it.  I made a
mock up of a firewall and practiced on it.  When it came time to install, I
got a couple of friends to help hold it in the exact place, determined by
measuring for and marking the location that would give a center location.
The bottom is dictated by the flanges on the bottom mount brackets.  I used
3/16" X 3" aluminum angle inside the shelf for support, and a flat piece of
3/16" aluminum on the bottom.

If you have any specific questions or need some pics, I can respond tomorrow
and get pics on Friday.

Speaking of WW Corvair mounts, I have one for sale, unless you want to buy
the whole plane less wings and engine.

See N64KR at  <http://krbuilder.org/> http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on
the pics

Peoples Choice at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best KR at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Interior at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Paint at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Firwwall Forward at 2013 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Best Interior and Panel at 2008 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN

Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC