Paul Visk via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org> wrote:
>> I found the place. It's called Apex Electronic.  There in Sun Valley Ca.
>> Here?s there website.   http://www.apexelectronic.com/
>>
>> Paul Visk
>> Belleville Il
>> 618 406 4705

Apex Electronics is a rabbit warren of parts and wiring.  There are
aisles of, to put it mildly, stuff, stacked to the ceiling.

Most of it is not for airplanes, so you'll have to hunt for it. They do
have some A/N screws and nuts in odd sizes.  For instance there was a
box of thousands of A/N stainless 4-40 machine screws, about an inch
long.  There was a box of toggle switches, DPDT on-on for, if I can
remember correctly, $12.00

Wire is sold by the pound.  You'll have to go through the spools and
find what you want.  They have all sorts of colored insulation on them.
The wiring you want is insulated with Tefzel.   They have shrink tubing,
sold by the foot, of diameters up to 4".

It's a couple of miles south from Whitman airport.

I had to go to the San Fernando Valley with someone, so while they were
at an event, I stopped by there.  Parking is easiest on San Fernando Road.

My advice is to go there with a shopping list.  Get what you need, then
wander around.  They have some odd stuff that is interesting. I ended up
buying an extra remote for my satellite box.  There were a bunch of
them, most of them messed up.  I got it for something like $3.00  It
works perfectly.  You'll find oscilloscopes, and all sorts of electronic
test equipment, outmoded but usable.

Enjoy.
Dan Branstrom