Sent:?Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 11:30 AM
From:?peter <jordanruthseto at aol.com>
To:?jscott.planes at gmx.com, krnet at list.krnet.org
Subject:?Re: KR> counter balanced elevator

Jeff; small correction- 190 IAS is aerodynamically equal to 190 TAS @ standard
conditions. Your pitot reacts to the dynamic pressure of impacting air
molecules, independent of density altitude,? just like your flight surfaces
will, so flight testing to 215 IAS has been demonstrated without flutter.
Congrats. Peter
?
? I routinely descend from 12,500' to 7000' for landing with the ASI showing
190 mph IAS, which is roughly 220 mph TAS at those altitudes.

?