Recent discussion on gear legs using Yankee gear.  I measured my
Diehl legs (30 inches long) to which I added additional glass and
they measure 1 inch thick.  I also added 1 inch of foam to the front
and rear edge to run brake line and to shape to streamline.  My empty
weight is 765 pounds and have on occasion flown to 1320 pounds.  This
seems to be the ideal length and thickness.  My KR is a 24 inch
stretch over the standard KR and this dimension gives a nice 3 point
attitude on the ground.  My wheels are set for zero toe-in / toe-out
and the tires show little if any edge wear and ground handling is
superb.  On a KR2S you may want to go with a 28 inch leg to account
for the slightly shorter fuselage.  Lower leg fittings are easy to
make with a 2X6 inch X 1/4 inch piece of 4130.  Make a saw cut at the
3 inch mark about 3/4 of the way through the metal.  Bend at the cut
to a 45 degree angle, weld and dress the cut, and weld a gusset on
the inside.      http://myplace.frontier.com/~flesner/21.jpg   A
single washer on the top two axle bolts between the axle and fitting
should give you the correct camber.  Set toe-in / toe-out by drilling
one hole in the gear leg to attach the bracket, snug it down, set
toe-in / toe-out, and drill remaining holes.  I think I'd suggest
using the Diehl profile on cutting the Yankee legs as I believe they
are made of the same material.  I'm using the Cleveland 500X5 wheels
and brakes and the RV wheel pants cover the entire assemble and work great.

http://krgathering.com/picture_library/Gathering%202011/N211LF/RRL_2710.jpg

As always............YRMV......

Larry Flesner