I?m interested in starting a KR2S build project, but I have
a few questions before I start.

1.
Are you able to simply extend the wings to meet the
stall speed of 51 mph for a sport pilot?
Mark Langford briefly commented on this being an option in his EAA webinar,
but I haven?t been able to figure out what?s really involved in doing so.  Any
advice on how to determine the additional
length required?

2.
Would the additional weight of a Corvair engine
(compared to a VW) have too much of an effect on stall speed to be able to
consider?

3.
Can I build the fuselage before making a final
decision on whether or not I need my aircraft to meet the sport pilot operating
limitations?

Short self-introduction to the group...  I?m 34 years old living in Dallas, TX
working
as a Project Engineer for a large general contractor.  I?m interested in the
10,000 projects
associated with scratch building an airplane and the new skills/knowledge I?d
learn in the process, so I am not looking for the fasted way to complete a
project.  I do not have my pilot?s
license yet, and would like to have the option of only being a sport
pilot.  Ideally, the 3rd class
medical will either go away or just be easier for me to maintain (I?m type 1
diabetic) so that I can build/fly this aircraft at higher speeds.
Brett Loewen
(469) 401-9598