I have not heard of any Diehl actually collapsing at the firewall attach point.
If it did I feel you have more to worry about than the nose gear. The Diehl
nose gear is designed to collapse in the event of a hard landing at the forward
most downward bend of the strut just above the wheel fork. Diehl designed this
in to protect the firewall from being ripped out in the event of a hard
Landing. I was not aware of that until after Joe Horton folded his under and I
panicked and welded a support brace in that bend because I thought it was a
weak point. As soon as the photo of that brace was put on my web site I
received a phone call explaining that I had made a mistake and would now
possibly rip my firewall out if I ever made an off field landing that was
compromising. If I were you I would leave it as designed so it will do it's job
when called upon.

Mark Jones

Sent from my iPhone 6