Trevor,
     I have a couple of observations from your information. You bought a kr
in California and apparently took it back to Minnesota. The plane is 85-90%
complete which usually means it has a lot of work left, but has an N
number. The belly is not fiberglassed under the plans, it would add a lot
of weight which you don't need. Some builds have a one piece main gear
which extends below the belly and use an air ramp in front of it which
could be fiberglassed . Tearing apart a brand new engine which has not been
used for a while would do it more harm than good. I would check everything
out change the oil and test run it for any problems. I would not upgrade
anything until you fly off the 40 hrs. New fuel tanks in the wings would be
a major alteration. The first thing you have to do is get it safely in the
air which means getting the build manual from the person who sold it and
making sure it was done right,  a careful weight and balance and a lot of
high speed taxiing. If you have to travel you're better off using the
airlines, The KR is for fun. We had a gathering in California last year and
some of our most experienced fliers couldn't make it for various weather as
well as mechanical problems, so be safe. We want to keep all our military
guys safe as well as others. If you are stationed in California, we are
building and have some built KRs in San Diego you would be welcome to come
and talk about it.
     Larry Bell