From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-bounces at list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Chris Prata
via KRnet
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 5:56 PM
To: Rob Schmitt; krnet at list.krnet.org
Subject: Re: KR> Hours to build?

This is great to get these totals.
I do plan to buy the wing skins. Probably fab everything else per the
original way.
A full time job is 2000 hours per year.
Robert, 1500 hours is on the low side of these times. Did you use any prefab
parts like wing skins? what was ur experience prior to starting to build the
KR? and why would you say you were faster than others? skill, work
environment, tools?
My current house doesnt have a garage. I do have a 20x30 fabric hangar at
the airport but it's three season due to the bottom has to be open for wind
compliance (which makes it complaint to over 100MPH winds).  Of course there
is nothing stopping me from (I JUST realized!!!) building a 16x20 work shed
INSIDE my hangar, and heat it with a herosene heater or something to get 4
seasons out of it!

> CC: chrisprata at live.com
> From: robert7721 at aol.com
> Subject: Re: KR> Hours to build?
> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:11:06 -0600
> To: gary769rv at verizon.net; krnet at list.krnet.org
>
> 1500 hours, less than $15k with basic instruments and used Revmaster VW.
>

> > On Jan 26, 2015, at 8:37 AM, Gary via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
wrote:

> > hour & $$$
> >
> > Chris Prata via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org> wrote:
> >
> > Min 1500 hours, $29k and counting but with new o200 & glass panel.
> >
> > Gary
> >

> > Here's another noob question. How many hours does a KR1 take to build? I
know it can really vary, but I'm hoping a few answers will come through and
give me a ball park.
> > Magazines used to say you could build one for $400, in about 40 hours,
and it would go supersonic. But now we have almost 50 years on the design
(can you BELIEVE that!) so realistic numbers are avail.

please see other KRnet info at http://www.krnet.org/info.html see