KRnetHeads,

First, let me thank the kind folks who have graciously helped the cause
of getting the KRnet Search Engine back up and running.  I really
appreciate it.  It's the same few people who always come through.  Tom
assures me he's working it. Your contributions will help him decide if
he should be working our issue or working real "paying jobs".  That
search engine contains every email to the list from 1995, so it's value
is incalculable, especially to new users who want to "know everything"
right now.

Also, I'm way overdue to remind people to PLEASE READ THE LIST RULES!
They are posted at http://www.krnet.org/info.html, and clearly a lot of
folks on the list now have never read them!  Please read and comply, or
look for another KR list.  To be specific, trim the footer stuff out of
your replies, as well as the vast majority of previous posts!  And if
you don't have something useful to say, go talk to your dog instead of
the list.  A lot of useless chatter makes the list more annoying, and
some of the most knowledgeable veterans start wondering why they waste
their time reading the list (including me).  I'm not trying to stifle
real KR information exchange (although these emails from me always have
that effect), just don't get off topic and start making small talk.
Many of us don't have time for small talk...let's keep to KR stuff, or
at least aviation.

I give up trying to train people to post photos to the list.  The vast
majority take them out of their cameras and phones and send 2M files
direct to the list, and....it doesn't work!  I've posted instructions
several times on the simple process to reduce the size to something
reasonable and then compress the files, but apparently it's over the
heads of many.  So I've raised the limit to 250k (and about 30k of that
is consumed by text, depending on your verbosity).  If that doesn't work
for you, spend another few minutes and figure out how to make the image
smaller, or send a link.

Again, please read the list rules under "KRNetiquette" at
http://www.krnet.org/info.html, and follow them.  I've updated them a
bit to clarify a few things....please check them out.

Mark Langford, KRnet list dictator and all-around jerk
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com