Hi All, I asked Rotec for pricing and got the following product info email with
pricing. In particular, the compares to Ellison were interesting: (leaving the
rest for context, I in no way endorse any carb solution, and don't yet know
enough about the topic!)
Auto gas is ok. Avgas is ok.  No problems at all with auto gas, but you must
keep the fuel lines covered with a sleeve to keep them cool and away from any
potential vapor lock caused by excessive heat - our unit has the ability to
clear vapor lock whereas the Ellison does not have a flow valve bi-pass like
ours does.  Our unit has a primer system built in which basically overrides the
flow control valve opening fully which is great for priming and also for
clearing any vapor lock.  (Not that we have seen any to date nor have our
customers reported any instances of VL) .

Hi Chris, Firstly, if you haven?t already seen our website, please refer to:
http://www.rotecaerosport.com/products/tbi/ ? many of your questions will be
answered at this site.  Rotec are pleased to announce the release of its new
Mk2 series of TBI.  Like the previous series  the Mk2 range will continue to
cover 34,40 and 48 mm diameter bore sizes at the same horse power ranges. Also
the same variety of engine mounting will be retained, ie  -R,  -S, -2, -3, -4,
-4/5.  From the small VW right through to the O-540, we have them all covered.
The Mk2 series offers the same reliable performance and follows the exact same
principles as the Mk1 series.  The main differences are that we have now
incorporated the metering regulator which was  previously a separate item. On
the Mk2 the fuel metering  regulator is integral with the main throttle body.
We have also moved the idle mixture screw to the opposite side of the unit and
away from the throttle cable thus making adjustment easier and more accessible.
We have also developed a different slide sealing system and the slide seals are
now longer in length and captivated by roll pins as opposed to pesky start
clips. We have also added some etched decals around the unit to help the user
identify the various functions and adjustments required set up and operate the
unit. The Mk2 series TBI is identical in its flange to flange length as the
previous model, the new unit has been designed to be very compact and with the
complete metering regulator now built in, yet the transverse length has only
increased by a ??. Our unit is almost identical to the Ellison which we tested
and were impressed with.  So we decided to make our own which we think is even
better!  Certainly a lot cheaper and spare parts are worth only a few bucks.
Reason for this is, unlike the Ellison unit, we make the entire unit in-house
whereas they shop out most of the job.  The Rotec TBI  is a very simple system
that works so well.  Remember this system is NOTHING like the Aero carb or
other Posa derivatives which are, to be frank, impossible to set up and
downright dangerous.  The Rotec TBI is set up free, just organize your throttle
and mixture cable. You will have full mixture control from a properly metered,
single point mechanical fuel injection throttle body. The dynamic metering
device is the secret, this constantly adjusts fuel pressure in relationship to
engine power and fuel demand.  The Posa types DON?T do this.  Auto gas is ok.
Avgas is ok.  No problems at all with auto gas, but you must keep the fuel
lines covered with a sleeve to keep them cool and away from any potential vapor
lock caused by excessive heat - our unit has the ability to clear vapor lock
whereas the Ellison does not have a flow valve bi-pass like ours does.  Our
unit has a primer system built in which basically overrides the flow control
valve opening fully which is great for priming and also for clearing any vapor
lock.  (Not that we have seen any to date nor have our customers reported any
instances of VL) . Gravity feed is ok too, but if you intend on doing
aerobatics then you will need a simple low pressure fuel pump - either driven
off the engine or an electric boost pump.   If while doing aerobatics your
engine quits you would pull on the primer, this basically overrides and opens
the flow control valve and allows fuel to enter the TBI unrestricted.
Re-starting under these circumstances should be easy.  But the only reason the
TBI would stop the engine is if it is stopped being fed fuel.  Please see a
great example at: http://www.rotecaerosport.com/projects/tbi-projects/ 90% of
our customers do not use carb heat because the Rotec TBI does not have a
tendency to ice.  A demonstration of this can be seen at this You Tube link ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4szv3ZBSJjw - which is an Ellison throttle body
being subjected to extreme icing tests.  It should be noted that our unit is
identical to the Ellison in all respects ? except price!  The TBI can be safely
used depending on the turbo configuration. Please see the following
FAQ/advisory for more information on the TBI and Turbocharging:
http://www.rotecaerosport.com/faqs/tbi-air-pressure/.
     For more information / support regarding the TBI product, please go to:
http://www.rotecaerosport.com/support/tbi-support/.  Please note that our
current TBI Installation Manual is currently being revised and will be
available directly.

                                     The Mk2 series is expected to retail at
USD $899 per unit + $85 packaging/shipping (Total USD $984) but, for a limited
period, we will be offering the Mk2 series at the introductory price of USD
$789 per unit (plus shipping).  All units come with full 12 months parts and
manufacturing warranty.  Please note that we still have a very limited number
of MkI TBI-48-4/5 units available at the discounted price of USD $749 per unit
(usually USD $799) plus FREE shipping (usually USD $85).  Obviously these units
are in perfect condition but have the regulator separate and do not have any of
the MkII improvements. You will need to provide your full credit card details,
including the CVV 3 digit number on the back (sent over 2-3 separate emails if
you wish) ? Mastercard or Visa only accepted, address and cell number should
you wish to proceed.  Once processed, I will forward a receipt.  All purchases
are direct from the factory in Australia.   Look forward to receiving you
order.  Due to stock flying out the door, current lead time is approximately
2-3 weeks from full payment.

                                                                Should you have
any further technical enquiries, please contact Technical at RotecAerosport.com
- they will endeavour to respond within 2 business days.