I would like to point out for those in the building process that it is
extremely important to make your header tank removable.  Whether built of
vinyl ester or aluminum, being able to remove the tank and your forward
deck is of incalculable benefit.  My first KR, Sparky's KR and many if
not most of the early KR's, have the tank fiberglassed into the fuselage
which I think is what the plans call for . . . but screw that idea.  If
the forward deck and tank aren't removable it means you have to get
upside down underneath the instrument panel, legs sticking up out of the
cockpit, while you try and work with the brakes, pedals, fuel lines,
instruments behind the panel, and whatever else is between and below the
instrument panel and the firewall.

You'll thank yourself a thousand times down the road that you didn't
build your header tank into the structure so as to make it non-removable.

I would also suggest anyone in the building process take Langford's rear
deck removable design very seriously.  Making everything easily
accessible for inspection/maintenance/modification is such a better way
to do things that there literally is no argument possible for doing it
any other way.

How Old Men Tighten Skin
63 Year Old Man Shares DIY Skin Tightening Method You Can Do From Home
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/54d547805733747802599st04vuc