On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 1:29 AM, Flesner via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
wrote:

>> The Spreadsheet says we should be using aluminum spars to make more
>> than 2G load factors.
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> It's been a long held belief that the WAF's were the weak point in the KR
> spars.  I've had the opportunity to inspect 3 crashed KR's, unfortunately

both front and rear spars together can easily take 3.8G at 1200 lbs
mtow. but thats a rough calculation. i'm actually overestimating the
stresses because tapered wings have more or less 10% lower bending
moments than rectangular wings overall. I was assuming a rectangular
wing.

a more accurate computation will require more accurate load
distributions with flap and aileron deflections considered. only
shrenk's approximation and similar procedures can do that.