I ran 93 mogas for years. ?I found that mogas burns hotter than 100LL. ?Watch
those temps. and valves. ?
      From: Jeff Scott via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
 To: ml at n56ml.com; krnet at list.krnet.org
 Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:48 PM
 Subject: Re: KR> Selecting an airport to be based at

I've been running the 8.5:1 compression O-200 in my KR and the 8.5:1 160 HP
O-320 in my SuperCub clone on a diet of 100% E0 premium fuel for the last 2
years.? I have a tank with filter, grounds, and electric fuel pump that is
anchored in the bed of my truck.? Nobody at the airport (including the airport
manager) has said anything about it other than they wish they had the same
setup.? I do make it a point to use safe practices for fire mitigation like
never fueling in the hangar.

Previously, one of the other pilots proposed to park his truck on the ramp at
the airport with my tank in the back to be used for fueling.? Of course the
airport administration went liability crazy and denied his request.? When I
decided to start using Mogas, I didn't ask.? I just made sure my fueling rig
was configured with the proper venting, filter, ground, and pump for the
application and started using it.? I also keep it painted and nice looking.?
They never questioned it.? It looks exactly the same as the fueling rigs hauled
around in many pickups for fueling farm equipment out in the fields, except
cleaner.? :o)

As Mark says, you want to start out with 100LL until you find whether you have
cooling/vapor lock issues and what your detonation margin might be.?

-Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM