Are you sure on those facts about Halon?
Check out : H3rcleanagents.com.  Site for Halon myths.
No mention of poisonous gas ? Only that it was discontinued in 1994 because it
is a CFC and depletes the ozone layer.
I'm still using a Halon fire extinguisher in my a Canadian amateur built KR2.
Chris G

Sent from my iPad