I wonder if going for "more stiff" is always a good idea.  In the case of a
KR, where your spars are wood, going with a more stiff skin, will make more
of the load be carried by the skin, and might cause some stress issues
where that skin ends.  For instance the wing attach fittings.  Instead of
delamination of the skin near the ends as the wood and bracket try to
stretch from the skin.

... Just a thought.  I'd need to do the math to be sure.