Size? You'd need to measure how far down the piston goes (dowel thru spark
plug hole?) and then pull a cylinder and measure its diameter.

Adding a starter depends on how your engine was mounted. If it already has
the diehl accessory case, all you have to do is remove the starter block
off plate and add a starter (either a Subaru geared starter, or on older
cases a rotax (seadoo/skidoo) straight starter)