Mike Turner
1657 Edgewood NM 87015
505-414-0080
aviator42 at centurylink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Prata via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
To: krnet at list.krnet.org
Cc: Chris Prata <chrisprata at live.com>
Sent: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 14:46:10 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: KR> Min Size of Build Space question

HI All,
I am getting closer to my 25 year dream to build a KR1. The only obstacle is a
workshop. I do have a 20x30 fabric hangar at the airport but it is not sealed
at the bottom (this is by design for wind load protection) and it is 30 mins
away. My yard is extremely small, and has a 10x10 shed which is obviously not
big enough. I am not sure I could expand it, and would need special permission
I think because it is against the property line.
I was THINKING to get a 8x20 cargo trailer and just use that. A KR1 is only
~12-13ft long tail to spinner. This would allow a 24" bench at the front end.
The width WAF to WAF is what, 4ft or so?
The other option was for us to sell and move to a house with a garage or
basement, but for a couple reasons that may not be wise (besides, we have this
house just how we want it, and everything has been fixed).
It does seem very key to have the work space at home so as to put that couple
hours in here and there which would never happen off site.
Thoughts and Ideas on min build-space would be welcome!
Thanks and happy building/flying!

Chris