>"Hey Guys, Looks like I'll be doing Rudder stops as an afterthought.
>What's the best place and method for this ?"
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When it comes to stress loads on the control systems in my KR, I'm
convinced the greatest source would be if the control surfaces are
stopped and the input end is capable of additional input, especially
the rudder system.  My rudder pedals are spring loaded to the
firewall to center / tension the cables.  My rudder does no flop back
and forth on the ground as a Cessna or RV would do as their cables go
slack without the pilot's feet on the rudder pedals.  If the wind is
moving the ailerons or elevator on the ground, it seldom does, I can
lock them with the seat belt to the stick.  There is no way to
eliminate air loads on the system in flight but they are very light
and have nothing to do with system stops as the surfaces only move a
few degrees in normal flight mode.  I can't imagine a flight
condition where the air loads on the surfaces will overpower pilot
input and the surface would contact a stop at the control
surface.  The only time control stops are an issue is at maximum
deflection which is seldom.  Where are the system loads originating
from at that point, the control surface or the input end?

Consider your system setup and put the stops where you think
best.  I'm convinced the pilot is capable of stressing the system
more than any flight loads so my stops are on the input end.  As
always, your results may vary. :-)

Larry Flesner