Grumman Tr2s have a WOT spring on them and thank goodness they do.   Years
ago, shortly after coming out of an annual inspection that included  a carb
rebuild the throttle push/pull came unhooked due to the nut falling  off of
the swivel.  The throttle went wide open and allowed me to go to my  home
airport.  Once I knew the field was made, I pulled mixture and  landed.  If it
didn't have a spring on it, I would have had to land  somewhere in the
weeds.  I never took my airplane back to that  mechanic.

The Throttle on 2 strokes almost exclusively have the throttle slide to go
closed if the throttle breaks.  I don't like that, but that is the way it
is by design.

Maybe install a lighter spring as it shouldn't take much at all to bias to
WOT.  The one on the Marvel Schebler carb is a big round spring surrounding
 the throttle shaft and twists to open.

Kevin Golden
Harrisonville, MO

In a message dated 6/18/2015 6:57:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time,