There is a Jabiru 2200 that came with my current plane with machine work done
and ready for reassemble after overhaul. 85HP, about 140lb all-up.
 Planning to build a KR1 (eventually, gathering and storing info now, about to
order plans), and wondering the pro's cons. Or if anyone even has used a Jab
The VW's are appealing because, frankly, they are cheap, plentiful, and easy.
And there is a turbocharger available. Some euro folks are getting into a
normalizing turbo on the Jab, but the jury is out on that.
So I thought I'd just toss this out there. My goal is to have a hot cross
country KR1 that can cruise 200 which I know will require substantial power at
the upper end of the normal power ranges we see.
I have perused the newsletters for flight test data and pilot reports, and the
advertised speeds are seldom reached. Although I am sure such a small, smooth
plane with a little more power and the new airfoil would get there.
Thoughts?