Great post. I would like to ask specifically the differences in what you
consider "good" VW conversions vs less good. I truly have no idea and someday
will need to know. Also, i have looked at a number of "temporary rides" to fly
while buildinga  KR and are usually VW power. I wonder what to look for in
older conversions?
As to Hoover's blog, I stumbled recently onto some info about oiling, which I
downloaded and saved for future reference. Internal mods to distribute more oil
where it is needed. I wonder if some or all modern conversions incorporate such
oiling mods, and how far back those changes go (for when I consider a VW
powered aircraft from the 70's or 80's.
I also will look for that contact mag article to add to my organized KR info
library.