Thanks Wayne,
OK I just read his (wifes) last blog post, he passed away Aug 13, 2010 from
cancer. The blog is terrific, and he was too from everything what I can see.

There is a lot of good VW info. I can save it by "printing" each page to PDF in
Chrome, but with hundreds of pages, is there an easier way to archive the info
before it goes away?
In another post, I asked if his oiling mods were relevant to VW conversions
today from the three main suppliers, GP, Revmaster, and AeroVee. And if so,
when did the oiling mods get incorporated etc. I also asked what to look out
for in VW because I have been considering a number of VW powered homebuilts as
a temporary ride while I build a KR. I am presuming that reliability
enhancements have accumulated over time to solve issues such as crank nose
breakage, oil starvation, and who knows what else.
I wonder if there is a way to accumulate the best info about VW conversions,
into one place on the KR page? Not everyone buys a new engine with (again,
presumably) all the best mods applied.
I did just look at the krnet.org and at the power section, but nothing (that I
could find) summarizing key VW aspects to get best reliability. Like I said, I
have looked a a few VW powered planes and actually the engine is my biggest
concern. I want a reliable, safe VW pulling me along. Just dont know yet what
that comprises of.
chris