From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-bounces at list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Sid Wood via
KRnet
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2015 10:00 AM
To: krnet at list.krnet.org
Cc: Sid Wood
Subject: KR> Nose Wheel Strut Security

The Diehl nose wheel strut on my KR-2 is a bent pipe; that slides into a
pipe socket bolted to the firewall and engine mount.  The strut is pinned in
place with (2) 5/16-inch AN5 bolts and metal stop nuts.  The bolts are in
close fitting holes match drilled through the strut pipe and the mounting
socket per the Diehl installation instructions.  The AN5 bolts are
90-degrees cross and about 1-inch apart.  The strut pipe and socket are a
smooth sliding fit.
The strut has a very small wiggle in the socket even with the AN5 bolts very
tight.  With weight on the nose wheel and pushing on the front, there is a
rubbing sound due to the strut wiggling.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/expercraft/sidwood/37881126355a3ed7bdc73a.jpg
Does this indicate some wear action that may eventually cause major problems
later on?

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA