You got that right!

Unfortunately for my flight times, the shuttle times won't work. Although I
would arrive in Portland on the 3RD, the next shuttle wouldn't leave for
MMV until 2:00 Friday arriving there at 3:20.  My flight Sunday departs at
10:20 and the shuttle doesn't leave MMV until 10:05.  This simply won't
work for me.  Rental or some other way will have to be my method.
NOTE to self; next time check trans opps before buying airfare.

I agree, ride share would be best.  In addition, we would have trans during
our time there.  That wouldn't be the case with using the shuttle.  If
there is no other means, the rental car is my only option.  That being my
situation I am still up for sharing the cost with anyone.  We could simply
split the cost however many ways as those who want in.  With two persons,
for example the cost would be $75 plus 1/2 the gas.  That would be about
the cost of the shuttle and we would have trans at the ready for the whole
weekend.  Just let me know who interested and I will make sure to be there
for you when you arrive to pick you up.  Below is a copy and paste from the
sight.  I have not made the online res yet so let me know and I will put
the money up and lock it in at the lower rate.

If I pay now (online discount) this would be the break down; add $14 more
if we wait and pay at the counter.

*car** 94.28 *
*options** 0.00 *
<https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/reservation/processoptions.ex#>
*Equipment & Services* * 0.00 *
*change*
<https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/reservation/modalAjaxAction.ex?modalName=equipmentsOptions>
*Protections** 0.00 *
*change*
<https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/reservation/modalAjaxAction.ex?modalName=protectionsOptions>
*fees & taxes** 53.49 *
<https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/reservation/processoptions.ex#>
*fees** 32.02 *
concession recovery 9.85
ENERGY RECOVERY FEE .77 /day 2.31
vehicle license .62 /day 1.86
$/DY CUST FACILITY CHARGE 6.00 /day 18.00
*taxes* *21.47*
 $ 147.77  TOTAL (USD)
 *  M6 rate terms *   [image: help Icon]
<https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/reservation/processoptions.ex#>
2 day 11 hour rental  unlimited free miles  Friday night stay required  return
rental by Monday  checkout before Sunday

The above is the lesser of the two evils (Shuttle versus rental).  Feels
like being bent over a barrel; if you know what I mean.

Let me know soon as rates change.

E.