From: Mark Langford via KRnet
Date:10/05/2015 7:31 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: KRnet
Cc: Mark Langford
Subject: KR> 2016 Gathering host? LAST CALL!

KRnetHeads,

Some folks have voiced the concern that despite several invitations over
the last few months, and the opportunity to volunteer at the recent
Gathering, perhaps we should give those people who might want to
volunteer to host the 2016 Gathering yet another chance to volunteer.

So, I propose that if you want to volunteer to host the 2016 KR
Gathering anywhere other than MVN (Mount Vernon, IL), that you do so
before the end of October.  This is intended to give a prospective host
enough time to get their ducks lined up...line up an airport, get the
airport staff on board, check to see if you're going to need a million
dollar insurance policy, etc, and run it by the KR Community, which I'd
argue is defined by the folks on this email list.

I'll be surprised if anybody steps up to the plate, especially since
Larry Flesner has already volunteered to facilitate the next Gathering
at MVN, with help from others. But we're trying to err on the side of
absolute, undeniable, inarguable opportunity.

Having said this, I also think that 2017 needs to be held somewhere
other than MVN, or we'll get in another rut of going to the same old
place year after year, but we'll cross that bridge when we get a little
closer.

No comments on KRnet are required, unless you are throwing your hat in
the ring with some details on your plans to host the 2016 Gathering
somewhere other than MVN...

Thanks,

--
Mark Langford