I had an O-290D in my Pacer and had a hard time finding parts when I
needed to do a top overhaul.  Pistons were pretty scarce.  I did find
what I needed from Gibson.  http://www.gibsonaviationok.com/

The O-290D2 is easier to find parts for and for future reference if
anyone is looking at planes with the 290 try to get a D2 instead of the
D.  Parts are easier to find, I think a bit more HP, and it has
hydraulic lifters unlike the D.

I called a Lycoming rep at the time when I was trying to find pistons
and he told me that the reason the 290D parts were hard to find was
because it used most of the same parts as the 290G ground power unit and
a lot of the 290D engines were now in experimentals and using the 290G
parts, so much so, that people were not buying many 290D parts anymore
hence they stopped making them.

Cc: BOB ROBERT

This is a shot in the dark
I am in need of piston rings for a 4 ring 0290 Lycoming
Also engine mount rubber bushings
change options