Sid,That's what makes flying home built so exciting. I'm glad you're up in the
air. It's been a long time coming.
Paul ViskBelleville Il?618 406 4705

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S? 6.-------- Original message --------From:
Sid Wood via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org> Date: 2/24/2016  8:55 PM
(GMT-06:00) To: krnet at list.krnet.org Cc: Sid Wood <smwood at
md.metrocast.net> Subject: KR> Electrical Power Management
Always had a problem with my GPS in my KR-2 not operating on aircraft power,
but ok on internal batteries.? Always made a note to trouble shoot that when
I got a chance.? Did not need GPS on first flights over the airport.? Today
while hooking up power for the new flap actuator, I found 2 each AN970-3
fender washers on the power control printed circuit board.? One was laying
loose on top of some components; no problem there, but some bouncing around
could create some excitement.? The second washer was wedged firmly between a
grounded brace part of the power panel and the output terminal on the GPS
power toggle switch.? So, every time GPS power was switched on, the
electronic circuit breaker would trip and no power for the GPS.? Removed the
offending washers and all is well.? Have no idea how these two big washers
got there.? Stuff happens.
So, have possibly toned down the level of excitement for subsequent flights.

Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD, USA