Someone mentioned using the firewall to keep the numbers
positive.  That only works on a taildragger.  On a tri-gear, anything
forward of the firewall is negative.  Select a datum, even beyond the
nose , spinner, whatever, of the aircraft and your numbers will
always be positive, whether it's a Cub or a 747.

Larry Flesner

I did just what Larry said, I placed the datum ten feet in front of the center
line for the main axles. All moments and weights are always positive that way
regardless of where you move stuff around. The arm/moment for the mains will
always be 10' x the weight of the mains no mater what.

easy math

Mike Turner
1n1 Edgewood NM