From: KRnet <krnet-bounces at list.krnet.org> on behalf of Mark Langford via
KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2016 8:58 PM
To: KRnet
Cc: Mark Langford
Subject: KR> KR2 landing video

NetHeads,

I finally got around to mounting a Sony SteadyCam video camera in the plane,
and have been shooting MP4s of a few takeoffs and landings.  I posted one to
youtube last night, at https://youtu.be/y2PTrOBGAVU , if you want to take a
look.  This is my home airport, only 40' wide and 2600' long, and the
taxiway to the hangar is only 12'.  Note that I was on the brakes and the
rollout at the end was still pretty short.

Visibility for the camera is considerably better than for me, as it is
mounted higher than my eyeballs.  This looks like a fast landing, but it's
just the wide angle view that does that.  Actual touchdown was in the upper
fifties.  Obviously these are wheel landings, as the canopy and cowling
arrangement leaves no hope of seeing where you're going otherwise, and the
runway is too narrow to use peripheral vision.

More to come later...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com