After reading the VW heads topic, I am wondering what the main reliability
issues and best practices are on VW currently.
Looks to me that the crankshaft should be forged, heads not cracked (are there
best source for reliable heads?), apply best cooling to heads possible. and
something about the front #4 bearing.
Not sure about anything else structural, and what is best ignition, mag or
electronic, etc.
It is a way off but wondering about this because after 55+ years I would think
that some "norms" and best practices would be out front by now to keep the VW
type 1 turning... so thought I'd ask generally and see what info/experiences
comes back for my KR Saves folder for future reference.   :)