Not that we don't all want to have Larry's KR on our hats and shirts, but I
thought I'd toss out a suggestion that has been a long standing tradition at a
Fly In event I've been attending for the last 30 years.

At this particular Fly In, the previous years "Grand Champion" (or in our case
"Best KR") gets digitized and is on the advertising, T-shirts, baseball caps,
and coffee mugs sold to the next year's attendees as the face of the fly in.
The coffee mugs are handed out as part of the registration fee, so everyone
that registers gets one.  (Yes, I do have 30 airplane coffee mugs)

I realize this would add some extra expense and work for the Gathering host,
and ultimately it is the Gathering host that decides what they will and won't
do and what plane, planes or logos go on the shirts.  I don't know the cost of
having a new picture digitized and turned into an embroidery, so for all I
know, it may not be worth the cost or the effort.  But it is a nice tradition
that is followed by that particular Fly In.  On the other hand, the Gathering
host has free reign to sell the shirts and hats of his choice (or none at all),
and I am loath to tie anyone into something that might discourage them from
hosting a Gathering.

-Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM
?
?

Subject:?KR> Fwd: Gathering hats/ shirts

>Netters,
>
>If it comes through, here is the embroidery for this years Gathering
>hats / shirts (light blue denim, button up, with pocket). Any
>resemblance to a particular KR is strictly coincidental. :-)
I'll also have John load it to the Gathering site.