I inquired with them about the differences between the "quickie"
2180's of the 80's and newer engines. It was confirmation that the
improvements are in displacement, CDI ignition, and head improvements.
I was happy to confirm (again) that the bottom end is as tough then as
now, aparently.

I also asked about the R3000 and he said they are going to build it
when financing allows mass production.

here is part of their reply:

The engine we build today is equipped with a self-energized CDI
ignition system and the older engines had  Bendix magnetos which are
no longer available.   It has an improved geared starter, newer
RevFlow carburetor.  Some of the older engines had the old POSA.   The
crankshaft is 84mm vs. the 78mm in the 2100.   The cylinders are 94mm
vs. 92mm.  The camshaft has a higher lift and duration than the older
engines.    There is a 40 amp alternating system, dual alternators 20
amps each, combines with dual voltage regulator/rectifiers.  The older
engine had 15 amps only.