N56ML's rudder is 3.5" taller than the KR2S plans call for, and has an
aerodynamic balance to lighten the load on it. I say that, but the plans
don't actually have a dimension on that, you have to scale it (1/4) to
get 40.5" tall at the trailing edge. My rudder is a total of 44" tall at
the trailing edge.

The plane slips at a crazy sharp angle and drops like an elevator while
doing it, so I like my taller rudder. It was added after initial
construction by "scabbing" onto the existing rudder with fiberglass, and
then overhanging the vertical stabilizer, which effectively gives me
even more rudder.  You can see it clearly in the photo at the top of
http://www.n56ml.com/.  You can see from the photo that the rudder is
quite proud to be part of the action...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com