I just read this morning that already (the FAA drone registration
requirement was only recently issued), 500,000 drone registrations have
been issued.  There are only 320,000 conventional aircraft currently
registered in the U.S., a figure that will continue to decline.
Commercial drones share the same ATC airspace as aircraft and are subject
to the same equipment requirements as conventional aircraft.  Thanks to
the freedom we have in the Experimental world to use any avionics we
want, we can use these ADS-B solutions being developed for drones.  Since
it is such a huge market I'm sure there are any number of companies
developing all-in-one solutions for drone operators to choose from.  I
noticed one such company when watching an Avweb video a few weeks ago.
It's 3 minutes into the video.

https://goo.gl/ahmfFJ

The company has a well-developed website with a large assortment of
products, some of them still under development but with specs available.
They have a developer's kit available for those who want to create their
own custom ADS-B In/Out solutions - including integration with whatever
existing transponder we have.  These electronic devices integrate with
autopilots for automatic collision avoidance.  Their website is an
interesting place to prowl around.  I imagine Uavionix is one of many
such sources of such equipment given the market being so huge and getting
huger (huger?).

http://www.uavionix.com/

I don't see any pricing but I haven't done any digging or made any
inquiries.  Since the equipment is for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (drones)
and the competition so fierce, I suspect it's very inexpensive.  I've
already seen some things from Navworx in the $500 range.

***********

I think the day is not too far off that flying our planes or driving our
cars will be thought of as quaint activities.  Homebuilding will consist
of buying an existing design from Build-a-Plane.  It'll come as code that
gets fed to a 3-D Printer.  Those adept at programming can "build" their
own designs or take an existing one and personalize it.  We're
approaching the end of an era.  Enjoy.

Mike
KSEE

What Happens When You Take a Testosterone Supplement
We may not "feel old" but we know things are tougher to do as we age, and ...
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/57a273949d18173930c12st51vuc