> On Aug 26, 2016, at 10:01 AM, Harold Wagenknecht wrote:
>
> Doran,
>
> ... Stay away from wankels.... Very hot exhaust.... Loud.... Sealing issues.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Harold, you may be right about your above statement.
Years ago one of my neighbors built an original Rotorway Helicopter and used a
Mazda Rotary engine on it. I stood nearby as he ran the engine rpm fast enough
to attempt an almost hover. That engine was screaming, the exhaust pipe turned
red, I thought the exhaust was going to melt and fall off of the engine. It
(the exhaust) was out in the open luckily. If it had been inside of a
fiberglass cowling who knows what may have happened.
I was very surprised to see that because I had known people who had Mazda
rotary automobiles and I had never heard anything about this. The engine on the
helicopter had a lite weight thinner wall tubing exhaust compared to an
automobile exhaust manifold I'm sure. Anyway, it was scary looking and
SCREAMING LOUD!