I don't know if any of you VW guys are using a magneto with shielded plugs
anymore, but I seem to have run across an inventory of 14MM shielded spark
plugs and would appreciate any help some of you might be able to provide in
identifying these plugs and and identifying whether they are useful for any of
the aero VW applications.
?
The plugs I found are all new old stock Champion XEH-10, XEJ-11, XEF-14Y, and
XMJ-17.? The XMJ-17 plugs also have a second number MS35909-2.?The XMJ-17 was a
shielded plug for a military Willys Jeep, and some of the others are identified
as military use for air cooled Wisconson V-4 engines that were used in the
military.? What I don't know is if these had any application for the Aero VW
engines, or possibly in the Franklin engines.? If they do, I'll be happy to
pass them on for what they cost me to buy, which isn't much.
?
-Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM