Joe Horton wrote:

 >> How about a report of events and banquet since I had to get outta
there early Friday...<<

Awards were:

Best Paint - Joe Weber
Best Firewall Forward - Brad Stone
Best Panel and Interior - Mark Langford
Best KR - Mark Langford
People's Choice - Joe Weber

I took 700 pictures (which is how I "remembered" the awards), and will
get a web page done sometime in the next week, with captions to detail
what went on.

I think it was a great time for all. Rob Schmitt flew at least three
guys, if not more, one of which was working toward a first flight soon.
It was another great Gathering, despite the low turnout due to weather.

Charlie Becker gave a very detailed and informative presentation on the
certification paperwork to get an Experimental airplane signed off, as
well as the Repairman's Certificate.

Scott Wick gave an interesting "History of Wicks Aircraft" presentation.
  One of the things he mentioned was that the US gov't forbid them from
making organs in order to conserve wood, so they temporarily went into
the aircraft business building wings for some aircraft, as well other
war support equipment.

There was also a presentation by Stewart Systems paint.  I missed that
one, given my lack of concern about painting matters.

Thanks to Joe Horton and Mark Jones for leaving early, as well as Robert
Pesak and Mike Sylvester for not bringing their planes.  Otherwise, I
surely wouldn't have won Best KR!

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com
http://www.n56ml.com