of my others that ranged from an A-65 to an O-290.

Hand propping a plane comes with some risks, but those are easily mitigated by
establishing a process or procedure for starting that you do not ever violate.
#1 is, never, ever open the throttle more than just a tiny crack.  If it
doesn't start, fix the engine.

-Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM

?

Sent:?Monday, November 14, 2016 at 7:07 PM
From:?"jibby212--- via KRnet" <krnet at list.krnet.org>
To:?krnet at list.krnet.org
Cc:?jibby212 at aol.com
Subject:?KR> Hand propping volkswagen
I obtained a Kr1 project that flew once but was underpowered with a 1600cc
Volkswagen engine, carb seemed a little small too. I am planning on going with
an 1835 and would like to keep it light with no starter but I have heard some
talk about the volkswagen and short prop being pretty risky. Sure there is
always risk but are they more so? My KR1 is also longer than standard at 15' 6"
, is this a common mod?
?