Of course Larry and I are both flying with 5:00x5 aircraft tires, so our
pressures are irrelevant compared to the rest of the KR world.  I usually only
air up my tires during the annual inspection when I have the wheel pants off.
I start at 45 PSI.  A year later, the tires are usually around 30 psi.  I find
that my tires tend to shake a lot during take off and landing if they get a bit
low on air.

I also found that my plane likes cheap tires much better than expensive tires.
I use the cheapo Condor 5:00x5 tires on my KR.  It seems to be happy with them.
 At one point in time I felt like burning some extra $$ on the tires, so
installed a set of Good Year Flight Custom III tires as they are known for long
wear.  I found that on touch down they didn't skid, but instead really grabbed
onto the pavement.  In a plane as light as the KR with my higher landing speeds
at my high altitude airport, I found that the plane was pitching forward on
touch down and the the instant torque caused by the grabby tires was causing
some minor cracking of the wing skins around the landing gear from the gear
torquing so hard on the wing spars.  I changed back to the cheap Condor tires
and all returned to normal.

I really like the Monster Retreads like Larry is running, but haven't tried
them on my KR.  I had them on another plane and thought they wore exceptionally
well, but wasn't sure about whether they would be grippy like the Good years,
or would skid like the Condors, so never tried a set on the KR.  Like Larry, in
3000 hours of flight time, I've never had a flat.  I credit that to my
propensity to pound the plane on thus reducing any skidding of the tires. :o)

Just to complete making this post completely irrelevant, I run 8 PSI in the 26"
Good Years I have mounted on the SuperCub and 90 PSI in the tires on my
Motorhome. :o)

-Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM
?

> "I've not had a single flat in 600+ hours except on my new tail wheel
(which I love :-) ). The
tires hold shape and do not show any uneven wear. I only run 32 psi in
my multi-thousand pound Buick."

Lucky Larry.