On Nov 19, 2016, at 8:04, Daniel Heath via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org>
wrote:

> While preparing my new canopy bubble, the head came off the cutting tool and
> made a nick about 1/32 wide and 3/8 long.  I tried getting it buffed out,
> but no luck.  So, I think I need to do some kind of repair on it to fill the
> nick and keep it from causing a stress riser.

The first thing that needs to be done is to ?stop drill the nick at both ends?.
 This is done by drilling a small hole at the extreme ends of the crack with a
drill bit slightly larger than the crack.  Stop drilling spreads the stress
evenly thus stopping the crack from propagating further.

Not sure what damage looks like and would need to see a picture to be able to
give further repair advice.

Hope this info helps and good luck.

Parley Byington
N54PB  Kr-2