With the various comments on proping a VW I notice no one suggested proping
from behind the prop. That's a pretty natural way to hand prop a VW. It also
places you up against the wing leading edge and should put you in closer
proximity to the throttle and mag switches if needed. That's how I always
started my VP1.

While on that my hangar mate and I both have tail tie down releases they are
copied on sailplane toe releases I've attached pictures that give you an
idea of their size and operation. They are easy to operate and have a cable
that runs inside the tail cone to the cockpit so that you can release once
your seated and buckled in.

Not KR related but I put a video on youtube on my latest project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSWdoDtdA8E

Rick Human

KR2 N202RH

Houston, TX