Jeff said,

> "I don't think the manifold pressure gauge [vacuum gauge] is going to
tell you much other than your throttle setting for a given altitude."

It won't even do that if you fly wide open throttle - which if above 8K I
assume everyone does.

Steve Bennett had a chart that showed what information could be derived
from a vaccuum gauge.  I just went looking for it but couldn't find it.
It's out there on the internet - behavior of the needle indicating
various possible engine problems.  Steve once recommended I put one in so
I did . . . but I've never found the gauge useful at all.  The way I fly,
unless I've just taken off and am climbing, it always reads zero.

Mike
KSEE