Larry wrote-

>My problem is that the KR2 that I am trying to finish was started in 1971.
>The plans say nothing about the firewall, let alone give shape or
>dimensions.
>Could someone tell me the materials to use - wood type, etc.?

You need a complete set of plans for your project!  There is a full-sized
firewall template included with both KR2 and -2S plans, as well as more
detail on firewall construction than it sounds like you have.  Contact me
off-net and I'll see if we can get you in business.

And as far as shifting engine weight forward, my own observation is that
planes flying with stock VW type setups in a KR2 have some extension spools,
but certainly not 5".  Now Mike Ladigo's setup, as seen at
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/97bb.jpg , has a bit more than this but
it's a kerosene burner ;o)

Oscar Zuniga
San Antonio, TX