Dan wrote:

> I tried to talk to Jeanette at last year's gathering, about helping her
with
> the site, but she said that she already had plans under way to make things
> better.  Nothing has changed.  I was even willing to handle e-mails for
her,
> but she really didn't want to talk about it.  I really wish she would let
> someone help her bring the marketing of the KR into the 19th century.

Maybe the reason she didn't really want to talk about it is because I'd
already talked her in to letting ME help her out with the website.  It
hadn't been touched in over 3 years when Mike Stearns was "helping" do that
job, so my first order of business was go through it and fix, modify, or
kill all the broken links (which was most of them), and basically added a
big fat link to www.KRnet.org , which is where majority of KR information is
anyway.  I also fixed a whole bunch of blatant spelling, grammatical, and
technical errors, rewording some things to be technically correct, and
updated a few things to make it look like it hadn't been three years since
anybody'd updated it. I also updated the KR photo on the main page to one
that I took of Jim Faughn's very stock KR2 at Red Oak.  I have not been
given license to change anything without her permission, and I respect that
rule.  And it doesn't make sense for me to expend a bunch of time and effort
adding all of the same information to her site that's already at
www.krnet.org .

But like you say, it sure wouldn't hurt for her to show a little more detail
on the parts that she has for sale, maybe pdf'ing her pictorial price list
that you get when you buy the info pack.  I also solicted a new set of price
lists from her and updated them about a year ago, but have been trying to
get plans prices for months (my calls aren't returned either), since a whole
bunch of people email me privately looking for that information.  Anybody
know the KR1 plans price?  The fact that there is none shown has led more
than one person to decide that they are no longer available, but I doubt
that.   Now that Dan has pointed out where to find the KR2 price, the KR1
plans price is the only one I'm lacking.  I will fix them both before the
day is over, if somebody will let me know the price of the KR1 plans.  One
thing I'll say to her credit is that these prices rarely change.  Five years
for an increase is pretty commendable.

Don't think for a second that this means that I'm affiliated with Rand
Robinson in any way.  I've taken on this chore in an effort to dissiminate
the information that prospective builders need to get started.  And I have
no inside track as to what's going on at RR.   I do it for free, and George
Majewski is hosting her site on his web server as a free service to the KR
cause.  Jeannette says she's getting a computer in the next few months and
will start accepting email, so progress is being made.  The website we've
been talking about is at www.fly-kr.com .  I'll add her email address to
that site when (if) it becomes available.

By the way, she once told me that her name is spelled JEANNETTE, with two
N's and two T's.  I sure hope I wasn't imagining that, and that I've been
misspelling it for 8 years...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
N56ML "at"  hiwaay.net
see KR2S project at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford