Netters,

I've just recently started doing some extensive taxiing in a KR I bought
last year (completed but not flown yet).  The battery, garden tractor type,
died and I replaced it with an AGM-fiberglass matrix battery.  The battery
is mounted on the engine side of the firewall and the starboard exhaust pipe
runs within an inch of it.  The pipe is wrapped with a heatproof cloth.

After a couple hours of ground work, runups and taxiing, the battery case
has become deformed from the heat of the exhaust pipe, though it still
functions.  Is there a way to shield the battery effectively or duct blast
air between it and the exhaust pipe?

Anyone else had this problem?

Don (Houston, TX).