No you cannot cut it but I just lite it up and ran a 180 around the tip of
my little finger.  I got a little braver and pinched it down to about 3/8"
with not problem.  I don't want to kink it so I didn't squeeze any tighter.

Dana Overall
1999 & 2000 National KR Gathering host
Richmond, KY
RV-7 slider/fuselage