Folks

Several people have asked what performance I am getting with the 2700cc Corvair
in my KR2.

With the 3 blade 56" dia Warp Drive set at 23 degrees pitch I see about 150
knots (173mph) at 3000rpm in level cruise and gross weight (1200lbs).

However the engine won't wind up to the rpm band I would prefer (3800-4000rpm).
SOS at 56" dia is about 4600rpm which coincides with about the max performance
that can be got out of the OT10 cam.

I'll be trying with a finer pitch shortly. Also yet to put on 5.00x5 spats (big
drag at present). Hoping to tweak up to at least 160 knots (RR redline is 173
knots - 200mph).

Does anyone know if there are limits on Warp Drive rpm other than tip speed,
eg., on centripetal force at the hub or blade collars??

John and Janet Martindale
29 Jane Circuit
TOORMINA NSW 2452
AUSTRALIA