A good friend of mine has 2 complete 0-290's, after
years of scrounging, he has them as "complete" engines
which cost him around $3500.  Still has to do the
crank flange mod and the generator mod to the cases...
There are 2 or 3 completely different combustion
chambers for these engines, so if you go swappin,
buyer beware, you can't just swap cylinders.  He's
bought 5 "complete" engines to come up with the 2
"serviceable" ones.

He's putting one of these 0-290's in a Midget Mustang,
and he's currently in the market for a Cozy, or Long
Easy for the other engine.

My friend claims that the 0-290 converted engine is
able to perform IFR & Aerobatics after the mods, I
wonder now if that's an unreasonable application.

Mark Wrote:
    $2500 will completely rebuild and
> convert a  Corvair with mostly new parts (which you
> paid a mere hundred bucks for to start with).  Try
that with a certified engine!  I could go on for days
on this subject, but I'll just point you to two
places:

 It's a no-brainer...

=====
Scott Cable